Before going forward
- Have you checked CTLS Learn?
- If you do not have access to CTLS, have you e-mailed Mme McDonald?
ALL work should be completed through CTLS Learn whenever possible!
Students will use vocabulary to discuss popular and unpopular jobs in France, and the education system in France. Students will describe what they will do in future jobs.
- Futur simple introduction
- Education Nearpod
Return to in-person Thursday!
Students will make up assessments missed from Hurricane Zeta
Students will use vocabulary related to professions to describe the job’s of people in their lives.
Students will demonstrate proficiency in vocabulary, grammar, and conversational skills needed to talk about homes in their community and in French speaking communities
-Passé composé/imparfait assessment Thursday
-Reading assessment Thursday or Friday
-Chez Nous conversation Wed-Fri
Students will read and understand authentic housing ads
Students will use the passé composé and imparfait to narrate events in the past
Unit: Chez Nous
Students will explore houses around the French speaking world
Students will use details to describe homes
Students will describe events in the past using the imparfait
September 28-October 2
Unit: Chez Nous
Students will understand and identify vocabulary related to houses and apartments
Students will understand a video of students showing their house and belongings
September 21-25-FALL BREAK!
Click here for the Assignment Checklist
August 31-September 4
Passe compose presentation with sound:
Students will be learning to talk about their daily routine. In class activities include: listening to “Voici ma Routine,” watching a French youtuber in an “expectations vs. reality style video, reading about how to create an effective morning routine, and practicing vocabulary with quizlet live.
Work due this week:
- Due Tuesday before class: Create an ideal morning routine (presentational writing)
- Due Tuesday after class: leave a google voice message for Mme McDonald, answering the question in the voicemail message (interpersonal speaking)
- Due Thursday: Narrate a video of someone going through their morning or evening routine (Presentational speaking)
- Due Thursday: In a creative non-digital way, label body parts (vocabulary)
- Due Friday: Complete the EdPuzzle for “Trotro fait sa toilette”
- DUE MONDAY: Interview your parents about their routines before and after having kids, then create a then vs. now graphic or video using the passé composé (Presentational speaking/writing)
Students will go through a Nearpod presentation explaining class expections, the syllabus, doing introductions, and recalling knowledge from previous courses.
Nearpod presentation: https://share.nearpod.com/vsph/RAvWSJwzMu
Students will sign up for needed websites:
-Edpuzzle: 1st Period: https://edpuzzle.com/join/zaadeze
2nd Period: https://edpuzzle.com/join/bemafag
-Conjuguemos: Teacher code: kbwrmx
-VHL: 1st Period instructions: https://www.vhlcentral.com/section/682faa57-2a7d-49df-afc8-6fabbd5ea4db/student_instructions
2nd period instructions:https://www.vhlcentral.com/section/be6d02a8-095e-4a87-a4f7-7cad1c4b3f9a/student_instructions
Students will use the OneNote class Notebook to recall knowledge from previous French classes.
Students will complete the syllabus form